Anyone can sign up to receive alerts from The School Bus Stop.
Parents, Grandparents, Students and Schools!
School bus route cancellations and delays in excess of 10 minutes will be posted on The School Bus Stop and parents are required to subscribe and receive text and/or email alerts when their child's school bus route is delayed or cancelled.
Once you have subscribed to receive alerts, a confirmation email will be sent to your email in which you must confirm. You will not receive alerts until your subscription is confirmed.
To subscribe to The School Bus Stop click here: schoolbusstop.sd23.bc.ca
School Bus Stop icons:
Green – School Bus route is on time
Yellow – School Bus Route is delayed
Red – School Bus Route is cancelled
Family Safety Plan
- Teach your child traffic safety rules and whether driving or walking, practice and establish a safe route for them to get to and from the bus stop.
- Discuss the bus rider rules and how to be safe at the bus stop while waiting for the school bus to arrive.
- Explain that the bus may be delayed and they may have to wait up to 10 minutes for the bus to arrive.
- Have a safe location for your child to return to (home or a neighbor's), in the event the school bus does not arrive after 10 minutes or is cancelled.
- Provide contact information for Transportation at 250.870.5151 or provide an alternate contact for your child to call in an emergency.
For bus rider rules and school bus safety information for students click here: School bus Safety
"WE STOP – YOU STOP"
Flashing Red Lights Mean STOP