- living on Okanagan Territory
- serving 180,000 citizens living in 4 municipalities - Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country, and the Regional District of Central Okanagan
- the 5th largest district in BC with approximately 22,000 students
- 43 schools - 31 elementary, 6 middle, 5 secondary, and 1 alternative school (operating on 4 campuses)
- 7 Board of Education Trustees
- a District with an increasing number of immigrant families residing in the Central Okanagan
- welcoming more English Language Learners (ELL) and international students, and proud that more Indigenous families are self-identifying
Our Overarching Goal
Each Central Okanagan Public Schools student (K-12) will provide evidence of being a learner, thinker, innovator, collaborator and contributor.
Our Mission: To educate students in a safe, inspirational learning environment where each student develops the knowledge and skills to be a lifelong learner and a healthy productive member of our global society.
Our Vision: Central Okanagan Public Schools is a progressive leader in education, which sets the standard for educational excellence and ensures that each student has opportunities to succeed.
- Honesty is the building block for relationships and the basis for trust. It is the absence of falsehood and the action of full disclosure. It is the ultimate test of moral strength. When honesty is present, integrity will also be apparent.
- Responsibility is being accountable for our actions and their consequences. When we demonstrate responsibility, we are doing our best to meet the expectations of ourselves and others.
- Respect is "to consider worthy of high regard". Being respectful is an attitude of honouring people and caring about their rights.
- Empathy is a feeling of concern, compassion and understanding of another's situation or feelings.
- While recognizing individual situations and differences, Fairness is ensuring impartiality where everyone plays by the same rules.