Thank you for deciding to contribute!
We are grateful that you would like to volunteer with a school in our district.
People like you:
- Strengthen school communities
- Connect schools to the greater community
- Make a difference in the lives of learners
- Find volunteering to be personally rewarding!
How to get started
Step 1: Visit your school's front office to get the documents you need to complete, including a criminal record check.
Step 2: When your documentation is complete, return it by mail or in-person to either the school office or Board office.
Step 3: Talk to your school principal about how your talents and experience might best contribute to your school.
There are many ways to volunteer.
Here are just a few of the many volunteer roles in schools. Talk with your school administrators to find out more.
- Parent Advisory Council member
- School and District Committee member
- Classroom helper
- Event or club organizer
- Field study and trip supervisors
- Performance, contest, and ticket sales helpers
- Teams, clubs, and academies coaches/mentors
- Student mentors and portfolio evaluators
- English as a Second Language helper
Together, we foster a respectful and inclusive learning environment where everyone feels welcome and ready to learn.