Summer StudentMake a Future – Careers in BC Education site is powered by applytoeducation.com. If you have an existing account with them, you can use your username and password to log into www.makeafuture.ca to search jobs. The Central Okanagan School District posts jobs on-line through Make a Future. By applying to the Central Okanagan School District your application will be available to the Human Resources Department for consideration.
Please review the FAQ section before proceeding with your application.
To apply for a job posting directly from this site:
District Info > Employment >
support staff (non-teaching).
1. Scroll to the shaded section below; select your job category to review the qualifications required for the position, and to determine your eligibility.
2. Click on the "continue to Make a Future" link. This will take you to the ongoing posting. (Ongoing postings are not indicative of a vacancy, but allow you to apply to a specific posting).
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on APPLY NOW.
4. If you did not previously register, complete the "Not Registered?" section as follows:
Under SELECT YOUR APPLICANT TYPE, check “I am registering as an EXTERNAL applicant …”
Select your position category from the drop-down menu (eg., (e.g., Teachers .. ECE, EA/TA, Clerical ... Management). You must select the correct category to be able to apply to a specific job posting!
Complete the APPLICANT REGISTRATION page; mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk
Click Next until all the headings in your portfolio are complete and you have attached your supporting documents.
5. Close the window to get back to the ongoing posting.
6. Click APPLY NOW.
7. Enter your username and password that you just created.
8. Answer the Job Posting Related Questions.
9. Click APPLY.
10. A pop-up confirmation will appear.
Your application will not be considered complete unless you have answered the District questions and the Job Posting questions!
Before contacting the employer regarding the status of your application, ensure it is complete.
Log on to your application; under the Portfolio heading, go to Review Portfolio, and select SD 23. This will show you the contents of your application; this is also what the employer sees.
In keeping with the District's Policy 335 of providing a healthy and safe environment, be aware of the effects of scented products on individuals with sensitivities to scents. We encourage you to refrain from wearing scented products when you attend our work sites.