Our Mission: To educate students in a safe, inspirational learning environment
where every student develops the knowledge and skills to be a lifelong learner
and a healthy productive member of our global society.
Our Vision: School District No. 23 (Central Okanagan) is a progressive leader
in education, which sets the standard for educational excellence and ensures
that every student has opportunities to succeed.
- Honesty is the building block for relationships and the basis for trust. It is the absence of falsehood and the action of full disclosure. It is the ultimate test of moral strength. When honesty is present, integrity will also be apparent.
- Responsibility is being accountable for our actions and their consequences. When we demonstrate responsibility, we are doing our best to meet the expectations of ourselves and others.
- Respect is "to consider worthy of high regard". Being respectful is an attitude of honouring people and caring about their rights.
- Empathy is a feeling of concern, compassion and understanding of another's situation or feelings.
- While recognizing individual situations and differences, Fairness is ensuring impartiality where everyone plays by the same rules.
Achievement Contract Goals
Each year, the District is responsible for completing an Achievement Contract with the Ministry of Education. Achievement Contracts "strengthen the Board's commitment to continuous improvement and help to ensure student outcomes, which are based on meaningful data" (BCSTA Keyworks).
Our District has shown strong dedication to student achievement and our students have proven that they are exceptional. To continue to strive for student success, the District has identified, for 2011/2012, the following District Goals:
To continue to improve the number of our students who will graduate or earn their Evergreen Certificate within six years of starting grade 8, and be ready for the transition beyond secondary school.
To continue to strive for a high level of literacy skill acquisition for ALL students.
To continue to improve numeracy skills of all learners.